Rehema Girls rescue Centre is a girls only home under GOA compassion. Rehema is located at Mairo Inya in Nyahururu. Kenya. The home houses 29 girls rescued from different parts of the country. Some of the girls have rescued from abusive homes where they were placed after they lost their parents and could not get parental love any more and basic needs. Each of the girls at the home has a story that needed to be changed around for the better making Rehema home a key turning point in each of their lives. The home is lead by Rev. Justus Chege and his wife Susan and a team of Loving care givers who provide a habitable home for the girls and make them feel at home.
We train our children in the ways of God as we also encourage each one of the girls to explore their strengths and abilities.
All our children at Rehema attend school and receive all their basic needs at the home. We trust God to provide a sponsor for each of the girls to help them achieve their goals and finally live independent productive lives as young adults and into their adulthood.
Our dairy farming project provides milk for the children. This helps us reduce our monthly expenditures on milk for the children as they have milk at home. We look forward to grow the dairy project to be able to sell the milk and use the proceeds from the milk to better other provisions for the children.
The vegetables from the farm help us provide a balanced diet for the children. They supplement other sources of food that are key for the growth of the children. We trust God for stable source of water to enable us irrigate our farms and water our animals for more sustanibale subsistent farming at the home.
We thank all the partners for their sacrificial support to see that the children are feed, educated and that they have a good habitation.
Our Top priority Needs
- We trust God for funds to tile up the floors of our dormitories and the kitchen
- The home is in need of a water reservoir to collect the water from the houses for domestic use
- We would like to put up a laundry area where we can dry our clothes even during the rainy season
- We are trusting God for financial resources to build an outdoor ablution block
- We trust God for the continuous provision of funds for school uniforms, school bags and shoes
- We would like to put up a permanent compound fence for home security.
- We pray for a laundry machine to ease the hand washing.
- We pray that each child will get a sponsor to help meet their needs